07 August 2010

Sun, sea, sand and snorkelling


We left the stable land at Airlie Beach to live on a boat for three days as we explored the Whitsunday Islands. Spank Me, a racing style yacht, brought us around a few of the 70+ islands to many bays where snorkelling became the norm and Brian got to test run scuba diving along the great barrier reef. We swayed to sleep in our tiny bunks and got the help hoist the sails. Whales, turtles and hundreds of fish welcomed me to their world and I'll definitely be going back for more.



I absolutely adored the snorkelling and can't wait to get the chance to get scuba diving. Would love to have had an under water camera too cause the amount of different types of fish and coral was incredible. From electric blues, to bright yellows and jet black and everything in between, even my memories are even starting to forget everything I saw. Pretty incredible feeling just floating around, with a huge shole of fish swimming past, and them not even noticing me and bumping into my mask. I burst out laughing underwater too while I watched some fish eating the coral and could hear their munching. Nom nom nom!



We visited Whitehaven beach with its ultra fine white, white sand that glittered in the sun and clear and shallow waters that merged into green waters was gorgeous. We enjoyed a relaxing morning strolling up and down the beach and bushwalking up to an incredible view of the whole bay. I relaxed in the waters and exfoliated my skin with the sand!


It was a very relaxing trip and with the fun of snorkelling and the gorgeous surroundings, it helped make these few days a few of my favourite in Australia so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment